Inclusive Growth Programme (IGP)
The Inclusive Growth Programme (IGP) is a fund managed by e2i that helps companies kick-start productivity projects, with companies in return sharing the productivity gains with their workers through higher wages.
e2i helps businesses identify potential areas for improvements to benefit both businesses and workers, and offers grant support under IGP to help companies get started on the productivity initiatives.
The fundable components include:
• Automation & equipment cost
• Process re-engineering & job redesign
• Training for local workers
Capped at $1 million over two years per company, IGP can be used to fund:
• Up to 50% of productivity improvement costs
• Up to $300,000 per project
Many companies have tapped on IGP since e2i launched the programme in 2010. Here are some recent case studies:
- e-menu with self-ordering capability
- Point of sale system
- Workflow re-design
- Manpower savings enjoyed at the front-of-house
- Diner orders are prepared and served more efficiently
- Service crew has more time to interact with diners to focus on delivering quality service
- Approximately 29 local low wage workers received wage increments
- Set up of a Operations Command Centre (OCC) to enable real-time virtual supervision and training for workers
- Jobs re-design
- On-the-job training for recruits
- 99% faster in the time needed for PCOs to seek real-time assistance from their supervisors
- 100% increase in the number of new PCOs that each supervisor can coach at any one time
- Overall increase in the service quality offered by Pestbusters
- The supervisors and pest control officers’ jobs are easier, safer and smarter with the implementation of the OCC
- Workers have opportunities to upskill, take on greater work responsibility and advance in their careers
- Approximately 24 local low wage workers received wage increments.
- Implementation of the Innovative Security Guarding Solution (ISGS) to address their manpower crunch
- Jobs re-design
- 20% manpower savings from eliminating traditional foot-patrol duties as a cluster of 5 - 6 buildings can now be remotely monitored simultaneously by a 3-man team
- Ability to offer 24/7 security service to clients with two-work shifts
Frequently Asked Questions On IGP
Who can apply for IGP support?
All businesses/societies/associations registered in Singapore and carrying out businesses/activities in Singapore may apply for IGP support.
What projects are eligible for IGP?
All productivity improvement projects that will share gains with local low-wage workers may apply for IGP funding support. Fundable projects include: Automation & equipment costs, process re-engineering and training costs directly associated with the productivity improvement projects.
How to apply?