The $70 million NTUC Company Training Committee (CTC) Grant serves to support entities with CTCs by co-funding their proposals to raise productivity, redesign jobs and improve work prospects. Applicants that are looking to transform their business process, redesign jobs for workers and uplift productivity can tap on the new grant to bring about workforce and enterprise transformation. Please refer to the following for more information:
What is the NTUC CTC Grant?
The grant is managed by NTUC’s e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) to support entities that have formed Company Training Committees (CTC) to implement transformation plans that would lead to better worker and business outcomes. The grant serves to strengthen worker and business outcomes to bring about:
- Enterprise transformation: Enhanced business capabilities, innovation and/or productivity;
- Workforce transformation: Better career prospects and better wages for local workers (Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents) through efforts such as job redesign. Applicant to commit at least 1 of following worker outcomes:
- wage increase; and/or
- implemented Career Development Plan (CDP) that is communicated to staff.
What can be supported under the grant?
Items must be deemed relevant and tied to transformation plans that lead to worker and business outcomes. Examples of supportable items:
- Equipment/Software and related OEM/software training
Who can apply for the CTC Grant?
Entities1 legally registered or incorporated in Singapore i.e. companies, societies, non-profit organisations such as charities and social service agencies are welcome to apply.
1 Government bodies, statutory boards, organs of state, and wholly-owned subsidiaries of Government are not eligible.
What is the funding support for eligible entities?
- The CTC Grant provides funding support of up to 70% of qualifying cost for each project.
- Funding quantum will be assessed based on:
- Strength of project from business transformation perspective
- Cost of project from worker outcomes perspective
How to apply for the CTC Grant?
- Applicant needs to form a Company Training Committee (CTC). Visit trainandtransform.ntuc.org.sg for more information on CTCs.
- Applicant needs to develop a transformation plan and show how the plan leads to better worker and business outcomes.
- Applicant should discuss and validate their transformation plan with their CTC senior management representative2 and NTUC / Worker representative*.
- Applicant is recommended to engage e2i to review their project application before submission.
- CTC Grant is open for applications from 1 August 2022 to 31 July 2026. Applicant is to submit their applications(s) to e2i via the NTUC CTC Grant application kit. Only softcopies will be accepted.
2 Senior management representative (e.g. Owner / MD / CEO / GM or key decision maker)
*To determine NTUC / Worker representative, please refer below:
|Types of CTCs||NTUC / worker rep|
|Unionised / Managed General Branch (MGB) CTC||Union Executive Secretary (ES), General Secretary (GS), President of Union|
|U SME CTC||Director of U SME|
|Other NTUC/LM partners with CTC||Cluster Leads|
Next steps for applicant
- To find out more about CTCs, visit trainandtransform.ntuc.org.sg
- To set up CTCs, contact your union or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engage with e2i at e2i.sg/ctcenquiries when your draft transformation plan is ready.
- Applicants are to fill in the application kit that comprises of Part A and Part B. Submission to be done via form or to an e2i officer.
- After implementing your approved project and achieving the committed outcomes, please submit your claim no later than 1 month after the end date specified in your Letter of Award (LOA).
- To submit claims, please complete and submit the NTUC CTC Grant Claim Form and Outcome Report to email@example.com.
- If further clarification is required, an e2i officer will reach out to you.
- Once your claim is approved, you will receive an email notification.