What is UTAP?
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more union members to go for skills upgrading.
How much is the grant?
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme).
|WSQ Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health||WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health|
|Full Course Fees:||$2,600*||$4,100*|
|Course Fee Payable:||$260||$410|
|*course fees are only for illustration purposes and may be subjected to changes|
Who can apply?
As long as you are an NTUC member, you can apply for UTAP. However, to be eligible for funding assistance under UTAP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Paid-up union membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period
- Course must not be funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course end