Bridging the Skills Gap
The Worker 4.0 Digital Readiness Certificate is a collaboration between NTUC, e2i, SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and NTUC LearningHub. It aims to equip workers with key digital skills to prepare for Industry 4.0 transformations. There is one foundation level and 3 tracks that workers can develop themselves:
After completing the 2 foundation courses, CoC in Micro:bit Applications and SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace (SFDW), and the 3 tracks, workers will be awarded the Worker 4.0 Digital Readiness Certificate.
All courses, except SFDW, are 1-day courses with elements of face-to-face, hands-on, blended and mobile learning through ULeap.
This certificate recognises the worker’s competencies in digital skills and enhances their employability.
- CoC in Micro:bit Applications
- SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace (SFDW)
Complete 3 modules to receive Digital Readiness: Technical
Hands-on training in digital equipment and devices
- CoC in Introduction to Industrial Robot
- CoC in Smart Living Solutions (eHome)
- CoC in Internet of Things (Using Sigfox Technology)
- CoC in VTOL Aircraft (Drone) Operation
- CoC in Internet of Things (Smart Energy Fundamentals)
Emerging Technologies Track
Complete 3 modules to receive Digital Readiness: Emerging Technologies on understanding new technologies and their applications:
- CoC in Target Market with Data Analytics
- CoC in Customer Engagement with ChatBot
- CoC in Marketing Campaign and Augmented Reality
- CoC in Cybint Cyber Security Protection Programme
- CoC in Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
Coding & Software Track
Complete 3 modules to receive Digital Readiness: Coding & Software on learning fundamental software programming skills:
- CoC in Computational Thinking using Python
- CoC in RPA Developer Foundation Training
- CoC in Data in Engineering using Power Query
- CoC in Create Visualization with Qlik Sense
- CoC in Agile and Scrum Fundamentals
CoC – Certificate of Competency (Awarded by ITE)
COC – Certificate Of Completion (Awarded by NTUC LearningHub)
Who will benefit?
Workers from industries embarking on digital or Industry 4.0 transformations will benefit from these trainings. By attaining the Worker 4.0 Digital Readiness Certificate, it will also increase their individual employability and value-add to the digital economy.
How do I start?
Individual with basic digital skills and knowledge.
(Possess ability to operate smart devices and digital communication platform such as email, WhatsApp, Facebook etc.)
- Attend the 2 Foundation modules.
- Self-evaluation on digital competency and interest.
- Shortlist 3 courses from each track to attend.
- Complete the Worker 4.0 Digital Readiness Certificate.
- Refer to the Intermediate Level of BBIP to further upgrade individual skills.
- Work with e2i and the training providers to identify the workers to send for Digital Skills trainings.
- Package specific courses in Worker 4.0 Digital Readiness Certificate for their workers.
- Upskill and deploy trained workers in new job scopes.