The Covid-19 outbreak has caused Self-Employed Persons (SEPs) to incur a significant drop in earnings. Together with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the National Trade Union Congress (NTUC) is introducing the NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) to help Self-Employed Persons to supplement their income and earn as they train. This is to prepare them to be future-ready through skills upgrading and training.
Under the Government SEP Training Support Scheme and NTUC Training Fund, a total of $40m will now be available to support our SEPs to go for training. This training fund will allow SEPs to get paid an allowance whilst taking up training during this lull time.
This joint initiative will be referred to as the “NTUC Training Fund (SEPs)” and comprises the Government’s $36m SEP Training Support Scheme and NTUC Training Fund $4m.
Keen to learn more? Download the NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) “Factsheet” and “FAQs” for more information.
Course commence between (1 April - 30 April 2020):
SEP Training Allowance:
Course commence between (1 May - 31 December 2020):
SEP Enhanced Training Allowance:
* Eligible SEPs would need to complete the approved courses by 31 December 2020.
NTUC Training Fund (SEPs)
For Existing NTUC Union Member who join before or on 1 March 2020.
For New NTUC Union Member who join after 1 March 2020.
Click here to sign up for NTUC membership
All Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents who are Self-Employed Persons (SEPs), with provision of the supporting documents as listed:
• Consolidated statement of income / Notice of Assessment for year of assessment 2020 submitted to IRAS in capacity of SEP
You must be a self-employed person (SEP) at the point of application and your main source of income is and has been from self-employment with positive Net Trade Income. You will not be eligible for this scheme if you have been suspended from claiming training grants from government agencies.
All self-employed (i.e. freelancers and Sole-proprietors) Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply for the NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) from the NTUC’s Employment and Employability Institute (e2i).
However, if you have received the following:
• SIRS Letter/Email by NTUC or
• SIRS Letter by CPF Board (please see sample)
You will not need to apply for the Letter of Eligibility.
If you do not have any of the above, please proceed to apply for the Letter of Eligibility.
To apply for the Letter of Eligibility:
A. Click 'Submit Application' to submit your personal details.
B. Upon submission of the Application Form, you will receive a Submission ID number.
C. Send an email to SEP2020@e2i.com.sg, with Submission ID number in your email subject title, (e.g “Application – Submission ID #00001”)
D. Attach the following supporting documents in your email:
*Only required if applicant selects GIRO as preferred payment mode & it must be the applicant’s bank account,no third party’s account is allowed
E. Once your application is approved, you will receive a copy of the Letter of Eligibility from NTUC’s e2i within 5 working days.
A. Select courses under the SkillsFuture Series and approved sector-specific training programmes; and
B. Sign up directly with the Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) or Training Provider (TP) with ONE of the following:
1. Letter of Eligibility issued by NTUC’s e2i
2. SIRS Letter / Email issued by NTUC
3. SIRS Letter issued by CPF
C. If you are applying for the course directly at the IHL or the TP, please bring and show letter/email as proof. The IHL or TP will make a copy/screenshot of the letter/email.
D. If you are applying for the course online, please email the soft copy/screenshot of the letter/email to the IHL or the TP.
Click here to view the list of approved Sector-specific training programmes.
A. Click 'Submit Claim Form' to submit your personal details. For every course claim, you will need to submit the claim form and the required documents.
Bring along a copy of the Training Certification Slip (Form A1) and obtain endorsement from the IHL/TP.
B. Upon submission of the Claim Form, you will receive a Claim ID number.
C. The documents below have to be emailed separately to SEP2020v3@e2i.com.sg, together with the Claim ID number as the email header. (e.g “Claim – Submission ID #AQ000001”)
1. A copy of your NRIC (front and back)
2. Copy of the Tax Invoice / Payment Receipt of the completed course
3. Copy of the endorsed Training Certification Slip (Form A1)
4. Copy of the signed PDPA Acknowledgement Form (Form B1)
5. Copy of the issued Letter/Email:
a. LOE issued by e2i or
b. SIRS Letter/Email by NTUC or
c. SIRS Letter by CPF Board
*Please take note of the new email address – DO NOT send your claim to the Applications email, SEP2020@e2i.com.sg. We will not be able to process your claim if you send it to the wrong email address.
• You will not be eligible for this scheme if you have been suspended from claiming training grants from government agencies.
• Providing false information during claims submission to fraudulently obtain training allowance is an offense. Kindly submit the correct information.
• SEPs must submit all claims documents by 31 December 2020.
• SEPs are also not allowed to use the same course/training programme that they have claimed under NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) to apply for funding/training allowance from other support schemes such as the Workfare Training Support Scheme.
To submit an appeal, you will need to submit the following additional documents:
Contract for Service should include:
• UEN registration number of applicant’s company with Letterhead
• Name and NRIC of applicant
• Date of the service provided
• Endorsement by company (client’s company stamp) and signed by both parties
Note: As each situation is unique, please note that applications are subjected to approval on a case-by-case basis.
Click on the following links for more information:
For more information, please contact e2i through the following methods:
Phone: 6474 0606
Walk-in queries: e2i west
Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability
80 Jurong East St 21, Level 2,
Nearest MRT: Jurong East
Maintenance Date and Time:
2nd Dec 2017, 12:00 am – 4th Dec 2017, 12:00 am
This service will be interrupted:
- e2i e-Appointment (https://e2i.com.sg/app/)
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Booking an appointment is subject to the availability of slots which is on a first come first served basis.
you are unable to make a prior appointment booking to see an Employability Coach, we invite you to walk in
our e2i centres during our operating hours.
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 1.00pm
We value our clients and understand that your time is valuable. We are always looking for ways to improve our waiting time.
The estimated waiting time is subject to the number of clients already in the queue.