Inside sales, also known as tele sales and virtual sales, is an office-based occupation whereby the seller is not required to travel and meet prospects face-to-face to do business. Sales is conducted high-touch transactions via phone, email, Internet and/or video calls. Inside sales selling is widely adopted and dominant in B2B, SaaS, technology, and high-ticket B2C transactions.
Inside sales is rapidly replacing field sales as the primary channel for many organisations. The shift to online, digital and virtual consumer behaviours and time limitation for face to face meetings have are some of the reasons why organisations find the inside selling method most effective.
About Inside Sales
Key responsibilities of an inside sales rep include:
- Identify and create new qualified opportunities through creative outbound prospecting.
- Manage sales and marketing outbound campaigns to qualify active buying interest and
identifying critical decision makers to successfully position company’s value proposition.
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different businesses operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and the challenges they face every day.
- To build relationships with potential customers to establish trust and rapport, nurture and convert leads to customers.
- Be the expert on how the products and solutions work and how that would help the
customer’s organisational goals and objectives.
- Making 80+ outbound phone calls each day.
- Work and leverage tools like phones, email, video, LinkedIn Navigator to connect and network with potential customers.
- Achieving and exceeding weekly / monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new
contacts, revenue goals etc.)
- Forecasting, pipeline, deals and opportunities.
- Maintain the health of CRM data.
- Report on relevant sales data.
Inside Sales reps can be assigned by product focus, solution focus, by industry or by markets. Industries that hire inside sales roles are SaaS/Software, Technology, Business Services, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Education, Media/Internet, Insurance, Finance, Telecommunications, Transportation, Hospitality, etc.
Average monthly base salary can start from S$2,500 to S$14,000 depending on the seniority of the role. Most companies offer uncapped commissions, on target earning and other incentives for their inside sales positions.
|Strong roles||Inside Sales rep, Inside Sales Specialist, Sales Development Reps, Business Development Reps|
|Management Path||Inside Sales Team Leader, Manager, Director at Country Level or APAC wide|
|Human Resources||Inside Sales Recruitment, HR Management|
|Customer Experience Paths||Quality Management, Process Improvements, Customer Success Reps, Technical Sales Specialist|
|Operations||Sales Admin, Virtual Bid Manager|
|Marketing and Demand Generation||Campaign Manager, Demand Generation Manager|
|Training Path||Trainer, Curriculum Developer, L&D Manager, Sales Academy Management|
|Others||Field Sales, Marketing, Operations Management|
How does e2i support the Inside Sales industry?
New Hires Placement and Training
e2i has partners and appointed APACSMA (Asia Pacific Sales & Marketing Academy) to enable Inside sales, digital sales and social selling skills in Singapore.
e2i and APACSMA have supported various Singapore registered companies to hire and train candidates on inside sales, social selling and digital sales skills.Read more
Existing Employees Up-Skilling
For companies that use this program to upskill existing employees, they will be eligible for up to 50% course fee funding. Companies are welcome to claim other training funding from external agencies like absentee payroll to claim absentee payroll.
APACSMA works with global industry bodies, groups and experts to educate, coach, provide learning journeys and community learning circles for Inside sellers to have a better understanding of sales and the inside sales industry through the lens of global companies and explore their general career progression and skills upgrading opportunities within the company and the industry.
For more information, contact APACSMA here.