The Oil, Petrochemical, Energy and Chemicals (OPEC) cluster is one of the key drivers in Singapore’s manufacturing sector. Singapore’s energy and chemicals industry ranks among the top 10 globally2, with a total output of S$78 billion in 2015 and employs more than 25,000 workers1. With majority of the investments into Jurong Island, our tiny state is home to over 100 global companies.
1EDB – Energy & Chemicals 2016 Year In Review
2WTO – World Trade Statistical Review 2016
How does e2i support this sector?
- We provide recruitment assistance through our job fairs as well as direct referrals.
- We support businesses with various placement schemes to help train and hire locals to match the industry needs.
- Some of the notable job fairs include those like Manufacturing Day & OPEC month.
Please refer to our Events calendar for more details on upcoming job fairs.
- Upskill your workers and bridge skills gaps to meet the changing landscape through Professional Development through Masterclasses, training courses or on ULeap, a free mobile learning platform.
- Upcoming courses PD Courses.
Productivity Solutions & Grants
We support companies in their productivity ideas through funding and process re-design to raise productivity and share gains with workers.